The WhatsApp app is widespread and widely used in the world.
It is easy to use, and in addition to the calling feature, sending messages can also share advanced files. However, it is limited in size too.
Keep your files under 16MB
Currently, WhatsApp only supports you to send files under 16 MB, if you send files larger than 16 MB, will report an error.
There are two ways to solve this problem: Sending your files via a Google drive link or compressing them into a ZIP folder before attaching them.
Method 1: Send a media file using Google Drive (IOS or Android)
To avoid size restrictions on WhatsApp/Email, upload the file to Google Drive. Then, share your links with the recipients.
Follow these steps to get the link:
- Open the app: Google Drive.
- Sign in to your account.
- Then import your media files using the “+” icon.
- Press and hold to select your file, then tap the folder icon at the top right.
- Click the folder icon with the “+” icon to create a new folder.
- Once you’ve created a new folder, select Move.
- Tap the 3 dots to the right of the folder, then tap the Copy link.
- Paste the link into your WhatsApp chat with your recipient.
- Click Submit and you’re done!
Method 2: Compress large files to ZIP
You cannot send multiple photos and videos at the same time on WhatsApp, because the size is too large. So the only way is to compress the file into a Zip folder.
Popular apps like PDFPhotos let you do this on your phone.
Here’s how to compress files on PDFphotos:
*On mobile, you can download the application:
*On the website please visit: https://pdfapp.net/
Step 1: Select the icon Compress in Tab Home and select file.
Step2: Add files to compressed.
Step3: Choose your preferred Compression level.
Wait for a few seconds…..
Step 4: Done! You can View or Share Your compressed PDF immediately.
When you complete the above steps, you can go to the My File tab to get the results.
Hopefully with these tips, sending large photos, videos, and audio will be easy for you.
To get started, get the PDFPhotos app on the App Store or Google Play. It’s free!
See you in the next blogs! Good luck!